ABOUT ID4AFRICA AMBASSADORS
Each year, ID4Africa seeks out representatives from identity authorities in Africa to become Ambassadors of the Movement to play a key role in its grassroots effort of building identity awareness throughout Africa.
The ID4Africa Ambassadors are senior-level government officials – appointed one per country – who act as a liaison between their country’s institutions and the Movement. Since the establishment of the program in 2016, the Ambassadors have ensured that their countries’ priorities and presence are well represented in all ID4Africa activities.
THE ROLE OF AMBASSADORS
- Create awareness in their country about identity matters and ID4Africa as a pan-African Movement.
- Act as liaisons between ID4Africa and those responsible for the development of identity programs in their country.
- Inspire others to do good through identity systems.
- Promote identity systems best practices.
- Participate in ID4Africa’s Annual Meeting as an advocate for identity concerns in their country.
- Operate within ID4Africa Code of Ethics and any policy directives issued by its Governance Body.
IT’S GREAT BEING AN ID4AFRICA AMBASSADOR!
ID4Africa Ambassadors are fully funded to attend the ID4Africa Annual Meetings with opportunities to network with 1500+ international delegates from over 90 nations, including 48+ from within Africa.
THE AMBASSADORS SUMMIT
The ID4Africa Ambassadors Summit (IAS) is an ID4Africa meeting held the day before the Annual Meeting. It allows the Ambassadors to give feedback to the Movement, and influence its direction by making it aware of the issues of high priority in their respective countries. The IAS is presided by the ID4Africa Executive Chairman.
The inaugural event was held in Johannesburg, South Africa on 17th June, 2019. During the meeting that followed the IAS, the IIC elected a President and Vice-President, for their leadership.
Ambassadors enjoy a great sense of personal fulfillment in being numbered among the pioneers that are devoted to saving lives and advancing socio-economic levels for fellow citizens through their active contribution towards digital transformations of identity in Africa.
Learn more on how to apply to be an Ambassador in the next class.
For general enquiries, please email email@example.com