ID4Africa Job Opportunity
Digital Content & Web Specialist
The Digital Content & Web Specialist will be working to support ID4Africa communications, branding, marketing, community engagement, and digital media needs. The candidate will be expected to use institutional content provided and frame it into distributable formats that would be most appropriate for digital distribution or promotion such as through web pages, video clips, infographics, promotional banners, social media platforms and any other medium that would be effective for digital content distribution. The candidate will report directly to the Marketing & Communications Management of ID4Africa and on occasion, to the Executive Chairman. In this role, the Digital Content & Web Specialist will be assisting with ongoing engagement goals and projects.
As the ID4Africa Digital Content & Web Specialist you will be part of the ID4Africa Movement (http://www.id4africa.com) and will have the opportunity to make a positive impact in Africa and the rest of the world. The organization that you will belong to promotes digital transformation in Africa through the adoption of modern and responsible digital identity as a tool for socio-economic development across the continent. ID4Africa is a renowned and highly respected organization with a strong worldwide following and a clear and present buy-in within the African communities it serves.
Priority will be given to African applicants and in particular, female candidates.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Designing, maintaining, monitoring, upgrading and expanding ID4Africa’s institutional website and all other affiliated ID4Africa websites whether custom-built or on existing web platforms (WordPress, Wix). This role includes installing website updates, handling security checks, back-ups, troubleshooting & fixing bugs, etc.
- Creating and producing video campaigns, infographics and other digital promotional material to support the distribution or promotion of ID4Africa projects and activities, and track the efficacy and response to such campaigns.
- Working closely with the graphic designer and communication management to align the institutional website, videos and social media messaging with the required messaging and/or visual identity intent.
- Helping to maintain a strong social media presence on existing platforms (particularly YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter).
Requirements & Skills
- Demonstrate (through past and current work) your experience in website development/design and video editing.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in all or majority of the above-stated responsibility.
- Have an excellent understanding of WordPress theme development and modification of themes, plugins (SEO and Security plugins) and etc., to develop and expand WordPress-based websites and webpages.
- Sufficient server and cPanel knowledge to be able to back up and move WordPress sites.
- Have the ability to create website layout/user interfaces by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Working knowledge of digital editing software for video and design creation/editing such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc., or their equivalent.
- Have good communication skills to express ideas and collaborate effectively with the team both virtually and in person.
The Candidate is Expected to
- Provide full-time commitment.
- Show initiative as it pertains to the given roles within the organization and also to filling other needs that may or may not be directly related to the specified roles.
- Be creative, flexible, enthusiastic about trying new things, and generally exhibit an energetic can-do attitude.
- Be a quick learner with a fast turnover time (as we operate in a fast-paced environment).
- Work cross-culturally with flexibility to accommodate working with colleagues based in different time zones (Africa, France, USA, the Caribbean & China).
- Be self-motivated and solutions-oriented with an ability to stay on task and operate proactively without the need for close monitoring/management.
- Have very stable, fast and reliable access to internet all year round. [NOTE: This is a critical requirement that will not be compromised and must be carefully and honestly considered by all interested applicants].
The candidate must be very fluent in English. Being equally fluent in French would be a plus.
Timeframe & Compensation
This is full-time position.
The Digital Content & Web Specialist will receive a competitive monthly salary in USD or EURO, as specified in the final agreement. The expected salary will be discussed with shortlisted candidates during the interview.
This application and corresponding CV should be submitted in English. In applying for this position, the candidate should include a motivation statement as well as links to online material such as a portfolio which introduces past and current web development, video editing/production projects as well as samples of any other work assets that could potentially offer a competitive advantage during our evaluation and decision-making process. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for a follow-up interview on Zoom.